Interested in a career, not just a job? Northeast Credit Union values an environment where individuals are all working toward the same goal: satisfied members who will make us their financial partners for life! We strive to enhance our member’s financial well-being through teamwork and collaboration. We are focused on career growth for our employees and provide them opportunities to succeed. At Northeast Credit Union we are committed to giving back to our members and we support our employees to be a positive force in the community.
We have an opening for a Human Resources Assistant in our growing HR department located in Portsmouth, NH.
The Human Resources Assistant primarily assists with processing payroll, updating employee information, reporting, and assisting with HR related and ADP questions. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining employee data within ADP and employee files. The HR Assistant provides support to all HR functions including employee onboarding, benefit administration, recruiting and various department projects.
Upholds Northeast Credit Union’s Values and Service Standards.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
30%: Prepares weekly payroll for processing in an accurate and timely manner. This includes updating employee data, ensuring time cards are accurate and approved prior to processing and uploading pay data files.
20%: Updates and maintains accurate employee data in ADP. This includes changes for payroll, processes new hires and terminations and other various changes. Assists with overall maintenance of ADP system.
15%: Assists with reports and distribution as requested including weekly payroll reports pre/post processing, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and other ad-hoc reporting.
10%: Supports Human Resource department functions with various administrative tasks. Prepares benefit open enrollment information and assists with benefit invoices. Updates department forms as needed and assists Human Resources and Learning & Development teams with department projects.
10%: Maintains employee files, ensuring documentation is distributed and stored according to records retention policy. Conducts self audits of all new hire paperwork including I-9’s. Responsible for coordinating retention and storage of files with Iron Mountain.
10%: Prepares new hire documentation and new employee files, assists with new hire onboarding process, conduct self audits of all new hire paperwork including I-9’s.
5%: Assists with other job-related duties as assigned.
We Can Offer You:
Training to support your career goals.
- The chance to make a difference in your community, through day-to-day interactions and volunteerism.
- Annual bonus program.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Paid time off.
- Comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits.
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions up to 11%.
- Tuition assistance.
- Three to five years of payroll processing utilizing ADP Workforce Now or similar HRIS.
- Two year Associates degree and/or similar work experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening) with ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail with high accuracy.
- Experience working with ADP Workforce Now strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, intermediate Excel skills a must.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State employment laws.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Please visit www.necu.org/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer