VP, Commercial Loan Officer II
Evergreen Credit Union is seeking an experienced Commercial Loan Officer.
Grants and services commercial loans, and calls on prospective customers and centers-of-influence to develop new business. Also works toward increasing or retaining existing business, cross selling products and services while managing a loan portfolio to ensure quality as well as compliance with regulatory and loan policy requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Services an existing portfolio of commercial loan relationships. Includes dealing with matured notes for possible review and renewal of lines of credit, making customer calls and site visits to understand the borrower’s needs, the business and industry in which the borrower operates, and to view quality of real estate collateral, business assets, etc.
- Meets with commercial loan applicants, evaluates viability of requests and information needed for determination of risk, profitability and ultimate loan approval decision. Negotiates terms and conditions.
- Spreads financial statements, analyzes financial and other related information, prepares loan write-ups, etc.
- Makes loan decisions within loan authority and recommends approval to Senior Management approval authorities or Loan Committee.
- Works with outside real estate professionals, lawyers, other professional vendors and Commercial Loan Assistant (CLA) to ensure smooth transition from approval to closing.
- Continually reviews credit quality of assigned portfolio, assigning risk ratings as appropriate.
- Ensures, with CLA assistance, that credit and loan document files are organized, up to date and meaningful with financial information, reviews/analysis, pertinent credit comments, etc.
- Makes collection calls when necessary and readily deals with problematic accounts to ensure collectability. Develops and implements workout and/or exit strategy, seeking input/approval as necessary from Senior Management, and CFO for proper accounting treatment.
- Develops prospect list and continually calls on targeted business clients and other referral sources with an eye toward growing the existing customer base and the commercial loan portfolio. Cross sells products and services to all new and existing members.
- Acts in a capacity as voting member on the Loan Approval Committee.
- Provides policy and credit quality input to appropriate Commercial personnel/committees.
- Works with and mentors, in a congenial and supportive way, branch and other customer contact personnel as needed on commercial loan related matters.
- Performs appraisal reviews to ensure appraisal and real estate evaluation values are realistic and comply with regulatory standards.
- Assists in providing information to outside loan auditors or regulators to facilitate and expedite examinations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree with emphasis in business or accounting.
- Solid foundation/experience in credit analysis and loan underwriting.
- Strong interpersonal, sales/negotiating, customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Managerial experience a strong plus.
- Satisfactory computer skills (i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel).
Contact Cathy Lestage, VP of Human Resources at CLestage@egcu.org to apply.
Posted on 9/12/2017