Northeast CU is seeking to hire a Senior Collector. This position can be based in Portsmouth, NH, or Biddeford, ME. This position is responsible for contacting Members and Co-Members on more serious delinquent accounts to arrange suitable repayment schedule. Make recommendations to Collections Supervisor for lawful repossession and disposition of personal property pledged as collateral.
• Contact members and co-members with delinquent loans to arrange a suitable repayment schedule. Perform a timely follow up on all types of loans assigned.
• Provides support to the collectors with any collection issues, problems and etc. with the members.
• Work with members to resolve problems by researching and investigating possible solutions.
• Code member's accounts to alert other departments within the Credit Union of delinquent loans and other collection issues.
• Promote credit union services.
• Perform skip tracing as required.
• Record actions, conversations and recommendation in the collection history notes to ensure accurate and adequate information is maintained at all times.
• Consult with members requesting extensions and refinancing; prepare necessary documentation and refer to management with recommendation.
• Works with other departments within the Credit Union to resolve delinquencies and prevent future problems.
Experience and Qualifications:
• 2-3 years' experience in a similar role using these skills.
• In-depth experience with State of Maine delinquency and foreclosure process.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as business math and computation skills.
• Ability to analyze situations and use good judgement and persuasion to achieve goals. Prior sales experience would be a plus.
• Ability to deal with members in a professional manner, using courtesy and tact.
High school degree or GED.
Northeast CU offers employee total rewards package includes competitive salaries, incentive programs, comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits, retirement plans with employer match, training and professional development programs, tuition assistance, paid leave, and work/life programs.
Apply via email by clicking here, or mail to:
PO Box 1240
Portsmouth NH 03802-1240
Equal Opportunity Employer